Berry-Topped Stars Recipe
Our home economists needed just six ingredients to make these sweet treats that start with store-bought cookie dough. They’re sure to be the star at Fourth of July celebrations, but they’re great for any summer occasion.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 24 small fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- 4 large kiwifruit, peeled and sliced or 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until combined. Roll on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. star-shaped cookie cutter.
- 2. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Set aside 1-2 tablespoons. Spread remaining frosting over cookies. Place five strawberry slices on each cookie. Using reserved frosting, attach one kiwi slice or 4-5 blueberries to each. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 150 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC