Berry-Topped Puff Pancake Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange liqueur
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Place in a 425° oven for 4-5 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Whisk into egg mixture until blended. Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until sides are crisp and golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in orange juice and liqueur. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Spoon berries over pancake, and drizzle with sauce. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 slice (calculated without confectioners': 320 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Berry-Topped Puff Pancake
"Really easy to make, and delicious. I added half a teaspoon of vanilla to the batter. If you don't have the ingredients to make the berry topping, you could eat this without topping or top this with anything you have at home (maple syrup, lemon curd, raspberry jam, etc.) and it would still be delicious. Two thumbs up."
"I love this recipe! It is so easy and yet looks like you really fussed so it makes a perfect company breakfast. I did not have the orange liqueur so I used orange juice for both the juice and liquour liquid amounts. It worked great. One hint - for the best presentation have the berries and sauce ready when it comes from the oven and present it immediately so it doesn't flatten before you get it to the table!"
"This recipe is ok. I would not add the berries until you cut and serve they fall all over, i would use a iron skillet about 11 inch and dont use a-lot of batter in the pie pan or skillet. Finally i would also use cinnamon powdered sugar and no berries, both are good."
"I will definately make this again. I have been trying puff pancake recipes & made this today. It was delicious! I did not have the orange liqueur, blueberries or raspberries but used extra strawberries instead. My husband & I both loved it."