Berry-Topped Puff Pancake Recipe
Impressive to look at and even better to taste, this gorgeous puff pancake is surprisingly simple to make. —Marie Cosenza, Cortlandt Manor, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange liqueur
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Place in a 425° oven for 4-5 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Whisk into egg mixture until blended. Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until sides are crisp and golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in orange juice and liqueur. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Spoon berries over pancake and drizzle with sauce. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 slice (calculated without confectioners' sugar) equals 320 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC