- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9-in. springform pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and lemon peel. In another bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well (batter will be thick). Spread into prepared pan.
- For topping, mix sugar, flour and cinnamon; toss gently with berries. Distribute over batter to within 1 in. of sides. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove rim from pan.
- Mix glaze ingredients. Drizzle over warm coffee cake. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Berry-Topped Coffee Cake in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p76
Reviews for Berry-Topped Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review