Berry Tiramisu Cake Recipe
- 4 cups assorted fresh berries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- CREAM FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the berries, sugar and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Gently press berries; drain, reserving juice. Set berries aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool completely.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk egg yolks, water and oil; add to dry ingredients, beating until smooth.
- 4. In another bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating on high until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Spread into an ungreased 9-in. springform pan.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 30-38 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream; set aside.
- 6. Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with a third of the filling. Top with a third of the berries; drizzle with 1/4 cup berry syrup. Repeat layers twice, drizzling with remaining syrup. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 517 calories, 29 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 146 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Berry Tiramisu Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.