Berry Surprise Cupcakes
These cupcakes have a surprise inside them: Fruit Roll-Ups. They give these cupcakes a sweet fruity flavor and they are sure to be a hit at any get-together.Susan Lucas, Brampton, Ontario
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 strawberry Fruit Roll-Ups, unrolled
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 6 pouches strawberry Fruit Snacks
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, egg whites and canola
- oil. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Cut each fruit roll into
- eight pieces; place one piece over batter in each cup. Fill
- two-thirds full with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with vanilla frosting;
- decorate with Fruit Snacks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Betty Crocker Fruit Roll-Ups and Nabisco Fruit Snacks.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 207 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 198 mg sodium,