- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 strawberry Fruit Roll-Ups, unrolled
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 6 pouches strawberry Fruit Snacks
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, egg whites and canola oil. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Cut each fruit roll into eight pieces; place one piece over batter in each cup. Fill two-thirds full with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with vanilla frosting; decorate with Fruit Snacks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forBerry Surprise Cupcakes
"These were delish!! I've been trying to sort out different Valentine recipes to fix for church kids and although this was a pretty good hit with "my testers" they didn't think it had the pizazz others might. So off we go for more tasting."
"My 4 yr old son enjoyed helping with this recipe. Fun to make and fun to eat for little ones."
"Made them for a family picnic. Were a hit with everyone, especially the kids. I used cream cheese frosting and assorted fruit snacks."
"These are really yummy!! The only thing I did different was to roll up pieces of the fruit-roll-up instead of laying it flat - very, very good, and a huge hit with the kids(and husband)!!! I also used cream cheese frosting cuzz it's my fave!!Thanks for the recipe - I think I'll try the apricot F.R.U.'s next time!!"
"its easy and the surprise fruit loop is really a SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!"