- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 strawberry Fruit Roll-Ups, unrolled
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 6 pouches strawberry Fruit Snacks
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, egg whites and canola oil. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Cut each fruit roll into eight pieces; place one piece over batter in each cup. Fill two-thirds full with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with vanilla frosting; decorate with Fruit Snacks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Berry Surprise Cupcakes
Sort By :
My 4 yr old son enjoyed helping with this recipe. Fun to make and fun to eat for little ones.
Made them for a family picnic. Were a hit with everyone, especially the kids. I used cream cheese frosting and assorted fruit snacks.
These are really yummy!! The only thing I did different was to roll up pieces of the fruit-roll-up instead of laying it flat - very, very good, and a huge hit with the kids(and husband)!!! I also used cream cheese frosting cuzz it's my fave!!Thanks for the recipe - I think I'll try the apricot F.R.U.'s next time!!
its easy and the surprise fruit loop is really a SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes for Kids >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >