Pretty and nutritious, these sweet berry-stuffed apples make a side dish or dessert packed with autumn appeal. Even the pickiest of eaters will dig right into these tender treats.
4 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4 large tart apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups water
- In a small bowl, combine cranberries and orange juice; let stand for
- 20 minutes. Core apples, leaving bottoms intact; peel tops of
- apples. Place each on a 12-in. square piece of foil. Drain
- cranberries; add the walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stuff into apples; dot with butter. Bring corners of foil up around
- each apple and twist to seal.
- Place on a rack in a pressure cooker; add water. Close cover
- securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to
- full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook for
- 10 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady
- rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- Remove from the heat. Immediately cool according to manufacturer's
- directions until pressure is completely reduced. Remove apples from