- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 4 large tart apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups water
- In a small bowl, combine cranberries and orange juice; let stand for 20 minutes. Core apples, leaving bottoms intact; peel tops of apples. Place each on a 12-in. square piece of foil. Drain cranberries; add the walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stuff into apples; dot with butter. Bring corners of foil up around each apple and twist to seal.
- Place on a rack in a pressure cooker; add water. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook for 10 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- Remove from the heat. Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Remove apples from foil; serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Stuffed Apples in Country Woman September/October 2004, p41
Reviews for Berry-Stuffed Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review