Berry Sponge Cakes Recipe
This fancy treat for two looks like you fussed, but it's easy to make with convenient prepared pudding and sponge cakes. "My husband enjoys this dessert featuring seasonal fruit," says Bonnie Buckley of Kansas City, Missouri.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 snack-size cup (3-1/2 ounces) vanilla pudding
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 individual round sponge cakes
- 1/2 cup mixed fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, sliced strawberries)
- 2 tablespoons whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine pudding and vanilla until blended. Top each sponge cake with pudding and berries. Dollop with whipped topping; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC