Berry Sponge Cakes
This fancy treat for two looks like you fussed, but it's easy to make with convenient prepared pudding and sponge cakes. "My husband enjoys this dessert featuring seasonal fruit," says Bonnie Buckley of Kansas City, Missouri.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 snack-size cup (3-1/2 ounces) vanilla pudding
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 individual round sponge cakes
- 1/2 cup mixed fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, sliced strawberries)
- 2 tablespoons whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine pudding and vanilla until blended. Top each
- sponge cake with pudding and berries. Dollop with whipped topping;
- sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was prepared with Jell-O pudding cups, which have six cups in each package.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now