This fancy treat for two looks like you fussed, but it's easy to make with convenient prepared pudding and sponge cakes. "My husband enjoys this dessert featuring seasonal fruit," says Bonnie Buckley of Kansas City, Missouri.
- 1 snack-size cup (3-1/2 ounces) vanilla pudding
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 individual round sponge cakes
- 1/2 cup mixed fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, sliced strawberries)
- 2 tablespoons whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine pudding and vanilla until blended. Top each sponge cake with pudding and berries. Dollop with whipped topping; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Berry Sponge Cakes in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p11
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berry Sponge Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review