Berry-Spinach Salad with Almonds
“A big bowl of this salad accompanies me to potlucks and reunions. The dark greens and red strawberries look pretty together-plus, the sweet dressing and nuts make everyone spinach fans.” —Maxine Culp, Fitchburg, Wisconsin
13 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add almonds;
- sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until almonds
- are lightly browned. Spread on foil to cool; break apart.
- In a large salad bowl, combine spinach and strawberries. In a small
- bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad. Sprinkle with
- sugared almonds; toss to coat. Yield: 13 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 153 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium,