“A big bowl of this salad accompanies me to potlucks and reunions. The dark greens and red strawberries look pretty together-plus, the sweet dressing and nuts make everyone spinach fans.” —Maxine Culp, Fitchburg, Wisconsin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add almonds; sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until almonds are lightly browned. Spread on foil to cool; break apart.
- In a large salad bowl, combine spinach and strawberries. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad. Sprinkle with sugared almonds; toss to coat. Yield: 13 servings.
Originally published as Berry-Spinach Salad with Almonds in Country Woman April/May 2008, p32
Reviews for Berry-Spinach Salad with Almonds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review