Berry-Spinach Salad with Almonds Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add almonds; sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until almonds are lightly browned. Spread on foil to cool; break apart.
- In a large salad bowl, combine spinach and strawberries. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad. Sprinkle with sugared almonds; toss to coat. Yield: 13 servings.
Reviews for Berry-Spinach Salad with Almonds(3)
Sort By :
This salad is delicious! It was a hit at a potluck I took it to -- only a leaf or two of spinach left in the bowl! I changed the dressing around a bit. I used less sugar -- only 4 or 5 tablespoons instead of a half cup. I used 1/3 cup of the cider vinegar, only 3-4 tablespoons of oil, and 3-4 tablespoons water to make up for the extra oil. (I often use this trick of halving the oil and adding a bit of extra vinegar and water to make up the volume of dressing -- it reduces the fat a lot without changing the flavor much.) A salad I will definitely be making again!
This salad is soooo good and I don't even like spinach! I just used almond slices in the salad instead of cooking them with the butter and sugar. I added some extra cider vinager too! Will definetly make it again.
This salad is oh-so tasty. I used one 9 oz bag of spinach, but I recommend using a bit more, because it makes a good amount of dressing.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >