Berry Sour Cream Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with raspberries and blueberries. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 2. For glaze, in a bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm cake. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 377 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Berry Sour Cream Cake
"I made a half recipe of this as there were only four of us. It was very tasty. I didn't have fresh berries, so I used frozen blueberries and frozen strawberries. I do think the strawberries kept the top from looking as nice as it should have. Every one enjoyed it, though. I also omitted the glaze."
"This cake turned out excellent. I did add the drizzle on top, but I think it was a bit too sweet. I would make it again and just add powdered sugar on top."
"i was looking for a berry coffee cake and different recipes gave wildly different proportions... so I took a shot at this one and lucked out. The only change is I added 1 tsp almond extract and sprinkled the top with sliced almonds before baking. It didn't need any glaze; the almonds were really pretty already. Very moist but substantial; not crumbly or heavy. I am keeping this one!"
"Very moist and delicious. The recipe calls for fresh raspberries and since I could not find them, I used frozen (did have fresh blueberries). The result was just delicious. This would make a delightful brunch cake."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.