- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with raspberries and blueberries. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- For glaze, in a bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm cake. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berry Sour Cream Cake
Sort By :
"i was looking for a berry coffee cake and different recipes gave wildly different proportions... so I took a shot at this one and lucked out. The only change is I added 1 tsp almond extract and sprinkled the top with sliced almonds before baking. It didn't need any glaze; the almonds were really pretty already. Very moist but substantial; not crumbly or heavy. I am keeping this one!"
"Very moist and delicious. The recipe calls for fresh raspberries and since I could not find them, I used frozen (did have fresh blueberries). The result was just delicious. This would make a delightful brunch cake."