Add this delightful dessert from our Test Kitchen to your Memorial Day menu. The moist white cake is laden with colorful raspberries and blue berries and drizzled with a sweet glaze.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with raspberries and blueberries. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- For glaze, in a bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm cake. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Berry Sour Cream Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p208
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berry Sour Cream Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review