Berry Slush Recipe
—Ruth Seitz, Columbus Junction, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + freezing YIELD:20 servings
- 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue or raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice
- 2 liters ginger ale
- 4-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Blue or red liquid food coloring, optional
- Fresh raspberries, blueberries and star fruit, optional
- 1. In a large container, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in sugar until dissolved. Add the pineapple juice, ginger ale, water and lemon juice. Add food coloring if desired. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving. Stir until mixture is slushy. Serve in a chilled glass. For garnish, thread fruit on wooden skewers if desired. Serve immediately Yield: 5 quarts.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 167 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC