—Ruth Seitz, Columbus Junction, Iowa
- 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue or raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (46 ounces) DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 2 liters ginger ale
- 4-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Blue or red liquid food coloring, optional
- Fresh raspberries, blueberries and star fruit, optional
- In a large container, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in sugar until dissolved. Add the pineapple juice, ginger ale, water and lemon juice. Add food coloring if desired. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving. Stir until mixture is slushy. Serve in a chilled glass. For garnish, thread fruit on wooden skewers if desired. Serve immediately Yield: 5 quarts.
Originally published as Berry Slush in Country Woman July/August 1997, p30
Reviews for Berry Slush
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2009
"i loved it!!!!!!"
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2009
"I used cherry jello instead of raspberry and it turned out great. I forgot the lemon juice but it still tasted fine. I recomend halfing the recipe unless you`re cooking for a big crowd."