"As a family, we're trying to cut down on the fat in our diets without giving up good taste," says field editor Harriet Stichter of Milford, Indiana. "This crisp cabbage salad, featuring strawberries and cranberries, is a great warm-weather pick-me-up."
Recommended: 17 All-American Recipes for Election Night
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple or cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, apple juice, sugar, salt and pepper; add cabbage. Toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Just before serving, stir in strawberries and cranberries. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Berry Slaw in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p11
Reviews for Berry Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review