Berry Rhubarb Sauce
When those first tender shoots start turning our backyard rhubarb patches pink, I know spring is really here. This rhubarb sauce is a favorite.—Pat Burnley, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red raspberry preserves
- In a saucepan, bring rhubarb and sugar to a boil, stirring
- occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until rhubarb is
- softened, about 6 minutes. Stir in preserves; heat through. Serve
- over ice cream, pound cake or fresh fruit. Yield: about 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 43 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.