Berry Puff Pancake Recipe
Breakfast is my husband's favorite meal of the day. I use our home-grown blueberries in this sweet morning treat.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- BERRY TOPPING:
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. Place the butter in a 9-in. pie plate; place in a 400° oven for 4-5 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. In another small bowl, combine the flour and salt; whisk in egg mixture until smooth.
- 2. Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until sides are crisp and golden brown.
- 3. In a large bowl, gently combine the berries and marmalade. Sprinkle pancake with confectioners' sugar; fill with berry mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 215 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC