Berry Pretty Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dried plums
- 1/3 cup each fresh or frozen blueberries, raspberries and sliced strawberries
- 2 garlic cloves, cut into slivers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
- 1. Make a lengthwise slit down the center of the roast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open roast so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic; Combine the fruit; place on one side of roast. Close roast; tie several times with kitchen string and secure ends with toothpicks.
- 2. Cut slits in roasts; insert garlic slivers. Place in an ungreased shallow baking pan. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the wine or broth, brown sugar and jam. Drizzle over roast. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 75-80 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 220 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Berry Pretty Pork Roast
"Have been making this recipes for a few years now and I get rave reviews from my guests!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.