- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dried plums
- 1/3 cup each fresh or frozen blueberries, raspberries and sliced strawberries
- 2 garlic cloves, cut into slivers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
- Make a lengthwise slit down the center of the roast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open roast so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic; Combine the fruit; place on one side of roast. Close roast; tie several times with kitchen string and secure ends with toothpicks.
- Cut slits in roasts; insert garlic slivers. Place in an ungreased shallow baking pan. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the wine or broth, brown sugar and jam. Drizzle over roast. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 75-80 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Berry Pretty Pork Roast in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p36
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Berry Pretty Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2010
"Have been making this recipes for a few years now and I get rave reviews from my guests!"