Berry Pleasing Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, cranberries and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; add to the creamed mixture. Fold in the berry mixture.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Berry Pleasing Muffins
Sort By :
Definitely made more than 12. Just average. I'll try another recipe the next time.
I was cleaning out my huge pile of QC/ToH magazines and found this in 2002 issue. I tried it and it was great. I cut the sugar by half and they are still plenty sweet. The topping adds so much flavor!
I made these first, now since I'm so busy my Mom has taken on the task. We love them! It almost makes too much batter for 12 muffins so we usually make 14 or so.