Berry Pinwheel Cake Recipe
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon curd
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks, eggs and sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in the water, oil and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan and line with waxed paper; grease and flour the paper. Spread batter into pan.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in lemon curd; gradually fold in strawberries.
- 4. Unroll cake; spread filling evenly to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again; dust with confectioners' sugar. Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 317 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 206mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Berry Pinwheel Cake
"I love this cake. It is really light and not too sweet. Asian people will like this kind of cake. I made many chiffon cake with whipped cream before. This cake is a little bit dry compare to many chiffon I made but It is perfect with whipped cream. The cake is not to moist."
"The cake was so dry I threw it out before making the filling. Maybe the flour mixture is not to be beaten in but folded into the egg mixture?"
"I get requests for this cake for almost every family dinner. I like to use the leftover whipped cream to frost the outside."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.