Berry Pinwheel Cake Recipe
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon curd
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks, eggs and sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in the water, oil and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan and line with waxed paper; grease and flour the paper. Spread batter into pan.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in lemon curd; gradually fold in strawberries.
- Unroll cake; spread filling evenly to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again; dust with confectioners' sugar. Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berry Pinwheel Cake(3)
Sort By :
The cake was so dry I threw it out before making the filling. Maybe the flour mixture is not to be beaten in but folded into the egg mixture?
I get requests for this cake for almost every family dinner. I like to use the leftover whipped cream to frost the outside.