Berry Pineapple Parfaits
Here's a surefire winner that's bound to satisfy all of the tastes that sit at your table. —Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups whole fresh strawberries
- 3 to 4 tablespoons sugar
- 12 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- Whipped topping
- Set aside six strawberries for garnish. Slice the remaining
- strawberries and toss with sugar; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Spoon half of the sliced berries into six parfait glasses. Top with
- half of the ice cream and half of the pineapple. Repeat layers. Top
- with whipped topping and reserved strawberries. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 334 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.