Berry Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water and lemon juice until smooth. Add berries; stir gently. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; cool.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes Reduce heat to 350°. Remove foil; bake 40-50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool completely. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 452 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.