- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water and lemon juice until smooth. Add berries; stir gently. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes Reduce heat to 350°. Remove foil; bake 40-50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool completely. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berry Pie
"This is a great recipe but do not cook in pie dish it will boil over and make a huge mess. Cook in caserole dish."
"Oops, forgot to give it the 5 stars it deserves!"
"I've made this pie several times, and gotten raves for it at potlucks. It's great warm with vanilla ice cream. The filling by itself would make a yummy ice cream topping."