Berry Peach Tossed Salad Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 romaine hearts, torn
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 medium peaches, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, onion, feta cheese and peaches. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently. Sprinkle with raspberries and blackberries. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 142 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.