Enjoy a gorgeous, made-for-summer pie with this mouthwatering recipe. Each bite bursts with sweet, juicy berries.— Taste of Home Test Kitchen.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in berries and lemon juice. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until mixture just comes to a boil; pour into prepared crust. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Berry Patch Pie in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009, p52
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berry Patch Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review