- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in berries and lemon juice. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until mixture just comes to a boil; pour into prepared crust. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berry Patch Pie
"This was the easiest and most fresh, delicious pie I have ever made, not to mention healthier than most. Made for my sis and her daughter, & Not a single slice left after 24 hours!"
"This is the most delicious pie my boys and I have ever eaten"
"This is a great idea, but it didn't set up for me either. The second time I made it I used my normal strawberry pie glaze recipe and instead of putting strawberry jello in it, I used raspberry jello and it was fantastic!"
"Looks delicious, I made something similar this week with several different fresh berries. Are there instructions on how to make the star crust?"
"When the pie was cooling it looked liked it would set up really well, but once it was cut into the slices spread all of the plate. It still tasted very good, though."