Berry Patch Pie
Enjoy a gorgeous, made-for-summer pie with this mouthwatering recipe. Each bite bursts with sweet, juicy berries.— Taste of Home Test Kitchen.
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Transfer to a 9-in. pie
- plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer
- or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in
- berries and lemon juice. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium
- heat until mixture just comes to a boil; pour into prepared crust.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 250 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.