Berry Patch Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in berries and lemon juice. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until mixture just comes to a boil; pour into prepared crust. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 250 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.