Berry-Patch Brownie Pizza Recipe
“I just love the combination of fruit, almonds and chocolate that makes this brownie so unique,” relates Sue Kauffman of Columbia City, Indiana. “The fruit lightens the chocolate a bit and makes it feel like you are eating something sinfully healthy.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:12-14 servings
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/3 cup chopped unblanched almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Mixed fresh berries
- 1. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for fudge-like brownies, adding almonds and extract. Spread into a greased 14-in. pizza pan.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon peel until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with berries. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC