“I just love the combination of fruit, almonds and chocolate that makes this brownie so unique,” relates Sue Kauffman of Columbia City, Indiana. “The fruit lightens the chocolate a bit and makes it feel like you are eating something sinfully healthy.”
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/3 cup chopped unblanched almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Mixed fresh berries
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for fudge-like brownies, adding almonds and extract. Spread into a greased 14-in. pizza pan.
- Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon peel until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with berries. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Berry-Patch Brownie Pizza in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p7
Reviews for Berry-Patch Brownie Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review