Berry-Patch Brownie Pizza Recipe
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/3 cup chopped unblanched almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Mixed fresh berries
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions for fudge-like brownies, adding almonds and extract. Spread into a greased 14-in. pizza pan.
- Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon peel until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with berries. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Berry-Patch Brownie Pizza
Sort By :
Very good dessert pizza; I used blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and sliced strawberries.
This dessert is awesome!!! I will definitely make this recipe again.
I've made the typical fruit pizza numerous times but this was a nice change of pace. You can use any fruit you like and arrange in different designs to fit your occasion too. Delicious!
My first problem with this recipe was that I didn't have the right size pizza pan. 14" is sort of an odd size, it seems to me; mine was more like 12-13". I used it anyway, lined the oven with foil and held my breath as I watched to see if it would overflow. It was full to the brim but never did overflow onto the oven. All went well with the topping, but I made a mistake with the fruit. I used only strawberries because that's what I had. It seemed to me that it needed a glaze of some sort to hold the fruit in place. So I melted strawberry jelly and drizzled it over the berries, being careful not to get it close to the edges of the pizza. In retrospect this was not a good idea. When I went to serve the pizza at the potluck I took it to, I found that the glaze had somehow seeped under the crust and made it very soft and mushy.
The taste was awesome and people raved about this dessert, but next time I will not try and add a glaze. I will also look around for a 14" pizza pan. All in all, though, I'm glad I tried this and will definitely make the recipe again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Baked Brownies >
- Berry Recipes >
- Brownie Mix Recipes >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >