Berry Oat Bars Recipe
“I found this quick dessert in a cookbook for children,” writes Faye Mayberry of St. David, Arizona. “I lightened it and increased the amount of oats for more fiber. My family couldn’t even tell that I had changed the recipe!”
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves, warmed
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and salt. Stir in butter until blended.
- 2. Press 1-1/2 cups of oat mixture into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Carefully spread preserves over crust; sprinkle with blueberries. Top with remaining oat mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
1 bar equals 300 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC