“I found this quick dessert in a cookbook for children,” writes Faye Mayberry of St. David, Arizona. “I lightened it and increased the amount of oats for more fiber. My family couldn’t even tell that I had changed the recipe!”
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves, warmed
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and salt. Stir in butter until blended.
- Press 1-1/2 cups of oat mixture into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Carefully spread preserves over crust; sprinkle with blueberries. Top with remaining oat mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Berry Oat Bars in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p51
Reviews for Berry Oat Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review