Berry Nutritious Smoothies Recipe
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup silken firm tofu
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Berry Nutritious Smoothies(6)
Sort By :
Delicious! I found similar glasses at: http://www.amazon.com/Artisan-Beverage-Tumblers-Insulated-Drinking/dp/B0041ENPEO/ref=sr_1_6?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1328462933&sr=1-6
i like it and i wanna know whwere i can get this glasses ?
Wasn't sure about the tofu but wanted to try something healthier. Big Hit around here with healthy eating haters! ;o) I, too freeze my bananas as they ripen. I am lazy, so I peel them and break them into chunks before freezing in a ziplock freezer bag. They are ready to drop into any smoothy recipe instead of ice cubes!
According to our photo studio, the glasses were purchased from Target a few years ago. Similar styles can be found here:
This was very simiolar to a recipe I have made for years but I love the addition of the tofu. As soon as my bananas start to get too many sweet spots, I pop them into the freezer skin & all, so I always have frozen bananas on hand. I am with the other reviewer...WHERE CAN I GET THESE GLASSES???!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Beverages >
- Cold Beverages >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Raspberry Recipes >