Berry Nutritious Smoothies
This recipe came from experimenting with a different combination of fruit, yogurt and juice. I generally use whatever fresh or frozen fruit I have on hand, but I always include a frozen banana. We often substitute grape or pineapple juice for the orange juice. —Judy Parker, Moore, Oklahoma
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup silken firm tofu
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 30
- seconds or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve
- immediately. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 141 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.