This recipe came from experimenting with a different combination of fruit, yogurt and juice. I generally use whatever fresh or frozen fruit I have on hand, but I always include a frozen banana. We often substitute grape or pineapple juice for the orange juice. —Judy Parker, Moore, Oklahoma
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup silken firm tofu
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Berry Nutritious Smoothies in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p63
Reviews for Berry Nutritious Smoothies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review