Berry Nice Brisket Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Stir in the cranberry sauce, cranberry juice, garlic and rosemary. Pour into a large roasting pan. Top with onion slices.
- 2. Season the brisket with salt and pepper. Place fat side up in the pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until meat is tender, basting occasionally.
- 3. Remove brisket to a serving platter and let stand for 15 minutes. Thinly slice meat across the grain; serve with onion and pan juices. Yield: 10-12 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 219 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Berry Nice Brisket
"Delicious brisket, the gravy is wonderful"
"THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST BRISKET! I MADE THIS FOR A FAMILY COOK OFF CONTEST WE HAVE EVERY YEAR AND WON! EVERYONE WANTED THE RECIPE. THIS HAS BECOME ONE OF MY FAMILIES MOST REQUESTED MEALS. BRISKET IS VERY TENDER AND THE GRAVY IS OUT OF THIS WORLD. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOME EXTRA BREAD I FIND MYSELF CLEANING THE CASSEROLE DISH WITH BREAD TO GET EVERY DROP OF THE GRAVY. I HAVE ALSO SUBITUTED THE CRANBERRY JUICE WITH MERLOT AND IT IS GREAT. THIS GRAVY IS GREAT."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.