Berry Nectarine Salad Recipe
- 4 medium nectarines, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, toss nectarines with sugar, lemon juice and ginger. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour, stirring once.
- 2. Drain nectarines, reserving juices. Gently stir berries into nectarines. In a small bowl, gradually beat reserved juices into cream cheese until smooth. Serve with fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 109 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Berry Nectarine Salad
"Have to say, I screwed it up, but it still came out great LOL :) I didn't read all the directions, and added all the fruit at the beginning. After an hour, I gave it a taste, and debated whether it even needed the cream cheese part. I went ahead, and it's great BOTH ways."
"I made this for a baby shower brunch and it was a big hit. It is very pretty and tasty too. I will make this one a family favorite. A little pricey, but I added some strawberries that were on sale to extend it a bit."