Berry Nectarine Salad Recipe
- 4 medium unpeeled nectarines, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1. Place nectarines in a large bowl. Combine sugar and ginger; sprinkle over nectarines and gently stir to evenly coat. Drizzle with lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring once.
- 2. Drain and reserve liquid. Gently stir raspberries and blueberries into nectarines. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in reserved liquid. Spoon over fruit; serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup fruit with 2 teaspoons dressing equals 117 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.