- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries
- 1 tablespoon port wine
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 1 cup butter, melted
- FRESH BERRIES:
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 to 4 tablespoons orange liqueur
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the raspberries, wine and raspberry liqueur in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Strain raspberry mixture, reserving juice; discard seeds. Set aside.
- Layer two sheets of phyllo dough on a baking sheet; brush with butter. Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out. Repeat layers four times. Cut stack in half lengthwise, then cut widthwise, forming 12 rectangles. Repeat with remaining dough on three additional baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans on wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine the berries, orange liqueur and 2 tablespoons reserved raspberry juice; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon remaining raspberry sauce over each serving plate. Place one phyllo rectangle over sauce; layer each with 1/4 cup berries and 2 tablespoons whipped cream. Top with remaining phyllo. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Berry Napoleons in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p64
Reviews for Berry Napoleons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review