Berry Mini Breads
A package containing this buttery, sweet-tart bread and its recipe was dropped at our doorstep one evening during the holidays. It was so tasty that it became a tradition at our house. Now we also leave the same gift on many doorsteps throughout the Christmas season.
32 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with
- buttermilk. Stir in cranberry sauce and blueberries. Pour into four
- greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 115 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.