My guests say that this is almost too pretty to eat! I like the way it can be made a day ahead for convenience, and neither taste nor appearance is compromised. —Shannon Aldridge, Suwanee, Georgia
- 1-3/4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen reduced-fat pound cake, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in 2-1/2 cups whipped topping; set aside.
- Place half of cake cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl; spoon half of reserved pudding mixture over the top. Top with half of strawberries and marshmallows. Repeat layers. Top with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with almonds. Chill until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Berry-Marshmallow Trifle in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p28
Reviews for Berry-Marshmallow Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review