- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange, drained
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced into rings
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a 2-cup microwave-safe bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes; stir until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in oil. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a salad bowl, combine the greens, strawberries, oranges, onion, almonds and bacon. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to coat. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Berry-Mandarin Tossed Salad
"Made this for the first time yesterday. It was so good and got many compliments. Even our eleven year old granddaughters gobbled it up, but picked out the onions. Most kids are not fond of raw onions."
"This recipe is absolutely perfect as written. I brought this to our after golf group meal twice and it has been a home run each time!"
"Have made this for many occasions and it is a hit every time."
"I did not use the berries either, as they are not in season. Instead, I just added extra mandarin oranges. Everyone loved this salad (including the 4 men at the table)!"
"I prefer simple, homemade salad dressings rather than bottled ones. This is a keeper!"