- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange, drained
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced into rings
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a 2-cup microwave-safe bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes; stir until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in oil. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a salad bowl, combine the greens, strawberries, oranges, onion, almonds and bacon. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to coat. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Berry-Mandarin Tossed Salad
Sort By :
"This recipe is absolutely perfect as written. I brought this to our after golf group meal twice and it has been a home run each time!"
"Have made this for many occasions and it is a hit every time."
"I did not use the berries either, as they are not in season. Instead, I just added extra mandarin oranges. Everyone loved this salad (including the 4 men at the table)!"
"I prefer simple, homemade salad dressings rather than bottled ones. This is a keeper!"
"Wonderful salad. My sister in law used to call it "lick the bowl salad". Just don't add the dressing until you are ready to eat it."