Berry-Mandarin Tossed Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange, drained
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced into rings
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a 2-cup microwave-safe bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes; stir until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in oil. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a salad bowl, combine the greens, strawberries, oranges, onion, almonds and bacon. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to coat. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Berry-Mandarin Tossed Salad
Sort By :
"I did not use the berries either, as they are not in season. Instead, I just added extra mandarin oranges. Everyone loved this salad (including the 4 men at the table)!"
"I prefer simple, homemade salad dressings rather than bottled ones. This is a keeper!"
"Wonderful salad. My sister in law used to call it "lick the bowl salad". Just don't add the dressing until you are ready to eat it."
"I have been making this salad for several years and always get rave reviews and requests for the recipe. I prep everything the night before but I don't combine the dressing, berries or mandarins with the other ingredients until right before serving. Instead of mixed greens I just use a package (3) of Romaine hearts."
"Good, takes a long time for dressing to cool; makes ALOT"