Berry Mallow Yam Bake Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and liquid reserved
- Miniature marshmallows, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats and cinnamon. Cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Set aside. Sprinkle cranberries with sugar.
- 2. In a 2-qt. baking dish, layer half the yams, half of cranberry mixture and half of crumb mixture. Repeat layers. Pour reserved yam liquid over all.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until heated through. If desired, place several rings of marshmallows around the outer edge of baking dish. Bake just until marshmallows are puffed and lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 243 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Berry Mallow Yam Bake
"I've made this recipe multiple times, as it quickly became a family favorite during the holidays, and everyone who tries it wants the recipe. I'm moving away from canned yams to fresh ones; the last time I did that, no one noticed the difference. Marshmallows are a MUST to my family, and I always triple it, because it's even better the second day."
"This has been a family favorite for years since my friend, Yvonne, brought it to my house."
"The combination of yam and Cranberry is excellant! I like both,just didn't know about all in one dish.I feel it is unnecessary to layer it.I added 1 tsp. cinnamon additionally around the yam's.could of used more! Yam's,cranberries and cinnamon are now a trio in this house and won't be broken again!! My guest's kept going back for it. Although it is quite sweet,and marshmallow's were at a minimum,but shouldn't be omitted. We would consider this a dessert instead of a side dish...Thank you for submitting this. A new and delightful favorite!!!!"
"My husband doesn't usually like sweet potatoes, but after one bite of this dish he loved it. No more plain candied yams for me, this is the way to go!"
"I agree that this does need more sweet potatoes in order to make it a side dish. As is, it's more of a dessert. Delicious either way! Definitely a keeper."
"I just made this and definitely needs more sweet potatoes. At least 2 cans if not more. It's basically more cranberries than sweet potatoes as is...but still, very delicious. More like a cobbler, or crumble."
"This would have to be one of the best yam recipes I have ever had! And the cranberries are so good and sweet, it's like they pop in your mouth."
"This really needs 2 or 3 cans of sweet potatoes."