Berry Mallow Yam Bake Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and liquid reserved
- Miniature marshmallows, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats and cinnamon. Cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Set aside. Sprinkle cranberries with sugar.
- In a 2-qt. baking dish, layer half the yams, half of cranberry mixture and half of crumb mixture. Repeat layers. Pour reserved yam liquid over all.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until heated through. If desired, place several rings of marshmallows around the outer edge of baking dish. Bake just until marshmallows are puffed and lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Berry Mallow Yam Bake
Sort By :
I've made this recipe multiple times, as it quickly became a family favorite during the holidays, and everyone who tries it wants the recipe. I'm moving away from canned yams to fresh ones; the last time I did that, no one noticed the difference. Marshmallows are a MUST to my family, and I always triple it, because it's even better the second day.
This has been a family favorite for years since my friend, Yvonne, brought it to my house.
The combination of yam and Cranberry is excellant! I like both,just didn't know about all in one dish.I feel it is unnecessary to layer it.I added 1 tsp. cinnamon additionally around the yam's.could of used more! Yam's,cranberries and cinnamon are now a trio in this house and won't be broken again!! My guest's kept going back for it. Although it is quite sweet,and marshmallow's were at a minimum,but shouldn't be omitted. We would consider this a dessert instead of a side dish...Thank you for submitting this. A new and delightful favorite!!!!
This is excellent. Had to make it several times; Mom loves it best!!!