Edna Woodward from Fredericksburg, Texas lightened up one of her favorite recipes and this is the delicious result. She likes to serve it with low-fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup each fresh blackberries, blueberries and raspberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the berries and apple. Combine sugar and
- cornstarch; sprinkle over fruit and gently toss to coat.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In
- a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until
- crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and
- topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 228 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.