Edna Woodward from Fredericksburg, Texas lightened up one of her favorite recipes and this is the delicious result. She likes to serve it with low-fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- 1 cup each fresh blackberries, blueberries and raspberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the berries and apple. Combine sugar and cornstarch; sprinkle over fruit and gently toss to coat.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Berry-Licious Crisp in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p52
Reviews for Berry-Licious Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2012
"This was very good. I had frozen blueberries, cranberries and strawberries so I used those. It turned out wonderful."